Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Our yearly 'token' snowstorm




Blizzard Warning

School Closed

Snow piled up to the top of the mail box

Two feet and still coming down

Sledding

Snow Caves

Snowball fights

(Okay, that was the news from the cousins in Idaho today.  Us?  Oh, just a skiff...)


Sooo, she was a little disappointed that all the snow hype wasn't what it was cracked up to be.  
I can't say I blame her all that much.  
I sometimes suffer from snow inadequacy syndrome myself.  


However, the kids still had a ball.  Hot cocoa was still made (with little snowman marshmallows.) 
 Surprised again that none of the kids lost any of their digits to frostbite.
And the world seemed to slow down a whole lot. 
 Just the way it should be. 

Hopefully, we may get more this year, but at least I know that we won't be waking up to snow for the next six months. So, I'm happy with our little skiff.

2 comments:

  1. You've been posting more lately! I like it. GREAT PICS! And I'd LVE some marshmallows but there's no chocolate in the house so...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the pictures! and your little montage of them. i need to get out and take pictures again. thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete